Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot
Nowadays Wi-Fi is fairly standard in hotels throughout the world. Sadly though, it can be unpredictable since you have to share it with the rest of the hotel guests.
For faster and more reliable service, here’s how you can create your own personal Wi-Fi network using a travel router for your laptop. First off, make sure that you have a live Ethernet connection wherever you are staying. Then connect the device with an Ethernet cable.
The best travel routers should be easy to set up and small enough to fit in a pocket or carry-on bag. These will keep you connected without the worry of exceeding your data and bandwidth limits.
Alternatively, your laptop can be configured as a wireless access point (WAP).
For OS X:
- Go to System Preferences, then Sharing
- Select the Internet Sharing service in the box on the left
- “Share your connection from” the Ethernet or ** USB Ethernet
- Check Wi-Fi in the “To computers using” box
- Click Wi-Fi Options to set the network name and password
- Finally, enable Internet Sharing so that all of your devices can connect to it
- Download and install any Wi-Fi hotspot app
- Set the network name (SSID), password, and security type (if available as an option)
Rely on EAS to provide you with the best concierge services, quality accommodations, exclusive venues, and our specialized event and marketing expertise. For further information, click here.